Fismeco in 2014 is engaged in research programs involving an active support of Applied Physics, with particular attention to advanced methods of magnetic resonance imaging and the safety issues generally related to the clinical and research practices.
Fismeco entered in September 2014 to become part of a European consortium under H2020 of a project involving the construction of a diagnostic MRI apparatus aimed at the study of the prostate district. In addition, recently it has been actively involved in the development of new MRI methodologies.
Among the research activities that will be developed in the coming years we can mention:
- Development of quantitative criteria for the evaluation of SAR in MRI applications;
- Advanced studies in safety issues in MRI;
- Development of new methodologies in clinical applications;
- Applications of advanced MRI techniques for morphological and functional investigation in oncology;
- Development of innovative multimodal MRI methods:
- Advanced MRI investigation in diabetology;
- Advanced MRI applications in post-stroke rehabilitation;
- Advanced MRI applications in Neuroscience;
Via Giuseppe Donati, 160
Telephone: +39 06 4394382 / +39 06 98266758
FAX: +39 06 98266748